What does the new normal look like?
Freedom to move
The Government’s announcement on 12th May 2020, where Estate Agents were given the green light to operate fully, came as a surprise to most. Now we have settled into the new normal way of operating, we would like to reassure our clients, contractors, and staff that good health is of paramount importance.
Firstly, and above all, we will always adhere to the Government, Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020 and NHS guidelines, we respectfully recommend all others do the same. Government information is updated daily and will provide all the very latest and best advice.
In order to operate in the safest manner, we aim to take a responsible, socially distanced stance and limit unnecessary contact. We urge clients to continue to contact us via email and telephone, essential office visits are by appointment only.
Property viewings and valuations
Where possible we will be carrying out property appointments on a case by case basis, and in accordance with our Coronavirus Policy.
If it is not acceptable for an appointment at the property now, we would be pleased to offer a ‘Virtual Viewing’ or ‘Virtual Valuation’, with no visit to the property or personal contact; where available or appropriate.
If you would like to discuss these options, please get in touch with your local Seddons’ branch.
Coordinated property viewings; to allow for several hours between viewings
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE); we encourage the use of masks and gloves, although we recommend viewers refrain from touching anything within the property
- Contactless viewings; we encourage vendors to wait outside of the property during the visit. We also advise all parties involved in the appointment do not shake hands and social distancing to be observed, maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from others
- Reduce contamination; all doors at the house are open for the purposes of our visit, any large cupboards to be open and necessary lights switched on. Viewers are advised not to touch any surfaces within the property, such as, door handles, windows, light switches, etc
- Ventilation; the property should be well aired by opening windows, especially as the better weather approaches
- Cleansing; on leaving the property, all door handles should be wiped down with a suitable cleaning agent and disposable cloth or wipes
- Unaccompanied viewings; where possible, we request that you assist with accompanying viewings of a property occupied by you, to minimise personal interactions
- Hand washing station; it is advisable to provide a sink with soap and disposable paper towels to allow visitors to wash their hands on entry and exit of the property
- Visitors limited; we advise any viewings are limited to only two adults and no children
- Health condition; above all, if either party are feeling at all unwell on, or prior to the day of the appointment, please cancel the visit with Seddons
Making an appointment
When arranging appointments for you, our staff will enquire about the following and your understanding and cooperation will be much appreciated:
- Have you, any family member or occupant of the subject property showed any symptoms of the Coronavirus in line with Government and NHS guidelines, or in your view, a Common Cold? If yes, see *note below.
- Are you over 70?
- Do you, any relation or occupant of the property have any underlying health issues which may make you or them more susceptible to the effects of Coronavirus as noted in the Government and NHS guidelines?
*If you, a family member or someone with whom you have contact is displaying any Coronavirus or Common Cold symptoms, please notify Seddons in the first instance, regardless of the severity of symptoms, and do not attend or arrange any appointments with Seddons, their staff or any party introduced by them.
We are here
If you would like to discuss any aspect of selling/letting, request a property viewing or to arrange a free property consultation, please get in touch with your local Seddons branch.