Proving Your Identity

Proving Your Identity

Anti Money Laundering Regulations 2017

As with all Estate Agents, we are now subject to the Money Laundering Regulations 2017. This means we will need to obtain and hold identification and proof of address should you wish to buy a property through us. Without this information, we will not be able to instruct a solicitor on your purchase.

No matter which estate agent you end up buying a property with, it may be advisable to bring some ID with you to save time and make sure the process runs as smoothly as possible, especially if you’re travelling from a distance.

We have compiled a list of all the acceptable documents we will need to see before we can proceed with your purchase. We need to see you in person with the following original documents, or, if this is not convenient, we can accept certified ID either from your solicitor or from the Post Office.

Individual Identity Documents

We will need to see ONE document from List A and ONE recent document from List B, dated within the past three months.

LIST A – Identity document

  • Current signed passport
  • Valid UK Driving Licence
  • EEA Member State Identity Card

LIST B – Proof of Address (Note: the documents must also show your name and current address)

  • Utility bill
  • Mortgage statement
  • Bank or Building Society statement
  • Valid UK driving licence (if not used for List A as ID)
  • Home or motor insurance
  • Solicitors letter confirming house purchased/land registration
  • State pensions benefits book
  • Current local authority tax bill/tenancy agreement
  • NHS medical card

Limited Company

If you are acting as a Representative of a UK company, we will also require the following documents:

  • Certificate of Incorporation
  • Articles of Association
  • Memorandum of Association
  • Latest Annual Return or Confirmation Statement, with details of current company officers
  • If offshore, nominee director declaration and a general power of attorney
  • Individual identity evidence from List A and B for all individuals or entities with 25% or more of the shares or voting rights in the company


If you are acting as a Representative of an Estate, we require the following:

  • Grant of Probate, if a will was left
  • Letter of administration, if no will was left
  • Individual identity evidence from List A and B for the Personal Representative, executor or administrator


If you are acting as a Representative of a Trust, we will require the following:

  • Trust deed
  • List of trustees
  • List of beneficiaries
  • Individual Identity evidence from List A and B for all individuals with a vest interest in 25% or more of the capital and/or those who exercise control over the Trust
} jQuery('a[data-toggle="tab"]').on('', function (e) { // initMap(); }); });